1. Joan's on Third: "It's easily my favorite lunch spot in L.A.!"
8350 West Third Street (between La Cienega Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue); 323-655-2285.
2. Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldo: "Located in Santa Monica Canyon, this eatery is the best Italian food I've ever had—it even surpasses Italy! Girgio is a lovely older man who still cooks all the food with love."
114 West Channel Road (off Pacific Coast Highway between Chautaugua Boulevard and San Vicente Boulevard); 310-573-1660.
3. Church and State Bistro: "It's a great French bar and restaurant located in downtown L.A."
Industrial Street #100 (between 6th and 7th Street); 213-405-1434.
4. Bottega Louie: "Bottega Louie is another great downtown restaurant. It has high ceilings and a beautiful large dining room—it used to be an old bank and the space is as gorgeous as the food is delicious."
700 South Grand Avenue (at East 7th Street); 213-802-1470.
5. Confederacy: "One of the best shopping spots in L.A. Located in the Los Feliz/Silverlake neighborhood, this shop is one of my faves for finding special pieces from vintage to the coolest designers."
4661 Hollywood Boulevard (between West Sunset Boulevard and Franklin Avenue); 323-913-3040.
6. The Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall: "The Shrine is an amazing spot for music and is such a beautiful venue. I just saw Arcade Fire play there and it was one of the best shows of my life."
665 West Jefferson Boulevard (at West 32nd Street); 213-748-5116.
7. The Wiltern Theater: "Another beautiful smaller venue for music. Ray La Montagne moved me to tears there and it was such an amazing performance in such a gorgeous space."
3790 Wilshire Boulevard (between Wilshire Boulevard and South Western Avenue); 213-380-5005.
8. Beverly Hot Springs Spa: "Get the 'Body Care, Body Scrub' Combo. They use real yogurt and honey all over your body and grate fresh cucumber on your face. You will leave a new person! It's not for the shy though; all the guests are in the buff together in the only natural mineral baths found in L.A."
308 North Oxford Avenue (at Beverly Boulevard); 323-734-7000.
9. San Ysidro Ranch: "This is my favorite weekend getaway. Located in Santa Barbara, it's surrounded by lily ponds and fresh lavender fields. Utterly romantic."
900 San Ysidro Lane (between Las Tunas Road and East Mountain Drive); 805-565-1700.
10. The Huntington Botanical Gardens: "I love coming to this picture perfect garden to stroll around and take in the natural beauty."
1151 Oxford Road (at Sierra Madre Boulevard); 626-405-2100.