1. Griffith Park—"I like taking hikes here. It's less crowded then doing
4730 Crystal Springs Drive (at North Vermont Avenue); 323-913-4688.
2. Gold Bug—"It's really a treasure trove of weird oddities. From art to
objects, this shop is a hidden gem."
22 East Union Street (at North Fair Oaks Avenue); 626-744-9963.
3. Forage—"Their menu is market driven, so the food is always fresh with local
produce and vegetables. They'll also take in what's growing in your garden
and possibly add it to their menu."
3823 West Sunset Boulevard (at Lucille Avenue): 323-663-6885.
4. LA Mill Coffee Boutique—"Not your average coffee house. I'm an Iced
Americano kinda guy but they have interesting concoctions like the Jelly
1636 Silver Lake Boulevard (at Effie Street); 323-663-4441.
5. Honey Pig—"I love coming to this Korean BBQ place with my L.A. team. It's a
fun place for drinking and communal dining."
3400 West 8th Street (at South Kingsley Drive); 213-380-0256.
6. Silverlake Wine—"Before going to a dinner party, I stop by to pick up a nice
bottle of wine. The staff is always knowledgeable and helpful."
2395 Glendale Boulevard (at Brier Avenue); 323-662-9024.
7. The Getty Villa—"The architecture is stunning. Also, you forget that you're
by the beach until you stand at the end of the property with incredible
views of the mountains and ocean."
17985 Pacific Coast Highway (at Surfview Lane); 310-440-7300.
8. Hollywood Bowl—"I love coming to shows here in the summer. Pack your own
picnic and your favorite bottle of wine and enjoy great music."
2301 North Highland Avenue (at Cuhuenga Boulevard); 323-850-2000.
9. Ivanhoe Books—"A small book store behind Lawson-Fenning with a great
collection of rare and vintage books you wouldn't find at Barnes & Noble. I
also like coming here for special gifts."
1618 Silverlake Boulevard (at Effie Street); 323-660-1500.
10. Arclight Hollywood—"We need a movie theater like this in NYC. It's so
convenient to just select your seats beforehand."
6360 West Sunset Boulevard (at Vine Street); 323-464-4226.