Though AllSaints first started off as a menswear line in 1994, the brand has quickly developed into a worldwide phenomenon (there's over 50 boutiques in the UK alone), and now we've finally got one of their vintage-inspired, super-cool stores in SoHo. Located on Broadway, just around the corner from fellow High-Street competitor, Topshop, AllSaints is more than just another entry on the British invasion list. The 13,600-square-foot space is filled with antique fixtures, real ram skulls, and a total of 493 sewing machines that cover the windows and interior of the entire store. While it may be in the heart of New York's fast-fashion frenzy, don't expect to see Uniqlo or H&M price tags; That said, the high quality means you can be sure that your pretty little pennies won't go to waste when you splurge on a dress or shoes (we may have already blown a paycheck on a pair of their kick-ass boots). Bonus points for the itty-bitty baby section full of rockin' outfits for some tough toddlers. With so much to choose from, we thought we'd make your AllSaints shopping a little less stressful with our five hand-picked essentials. It wasn't easy to do, trust us!
1. Sand Heel ($250): With these bad boys, there's no need to worry about scuffing up your white boots cuz they come perfectly worn-in, distressed, and ready to wear. Bonus points for the buttery suede that looks good through every season.
Here are the five perfect pieces that will cover you from now until fall (above, from left):
2. Feathers Jacket ($510): Everyone needs a good leather jacket, and this one is timeless. It's sleek, sophisticated, and guaranteed to look good no matter what you wear it with.
3. Jolanta Long Waistcoat ($200): A little bit military and a little bit rocker, this vest is wearable during the summer and will last you through fall. Plus, the deep maroon hue is a cool twist on the ordinary neutral palette.
4. Zeeda Dress ($280): Slouchy, deconstructed, and perfect for any occasion, this dress will make you re-think your LBD.
5. Arnica Jumpsuit ($195): Jumpsuits are the perfect solution for those lazy days when you can't find a top to go with your bottoms. This one is 100% silk and complete with a slouchy neckline, handy pockets, and expert tailoring. Think of it as a grown up romper that will be your new favorite staple--we know its ours!
Want to get in on the Brit-buzz? Now's your chance to snap up AllSaints signature style--The brand's giving away two insanely cool leather jackets. For chicks, they've got the Karst Military Leather Jacket ($620; above, left), in a tailcoat style with army frogging, signature external topstitch seams, and button detailing at the front, back, collar, and sleeves. For dudes: The Mace Hooded Biker Jacket ($620; above, right) that's slim-fitting with a drapey, asymmetric front. To win, follow AllSaints on twitter--they'll randomly choose two winners from the first 500 to do so.
AllSaints, 512 Broadway (between Broome and Spring streets); 646-862-1832.