1. Courtyard at Greenwich Hotel: "It's the perfect combination of laid-back charm and elegance. Awesome surroundings for drinks or a meal. The food is delicious and it's run by a very friendly staff."
377 Greenwich Street (at N Moore Street); 212-941-8900.
2. MOMA: "Art to me is my source of escapism and inspiration. My brother curates the film department and I constantly get sneak peeks of what they are working on. It's a treat!"
11 West 53rd Street (btw 5th Ave and 6th Ave); 212-708-9400.
3. ABC Home: "My favorite place to shop for furniture, home products, and gifts. The restaurant is also one of my favorites in the city: It's equal parts delicious, clean, and comfortable country-esque surroundings."
888 Broadway (at 19th Street); 212-473-3000.
4. Manhattan Waterfront Greenway: "You can find me every weekend making use of the West Side highway bike path!"
32-mile route that circumnavigates the island of Manhattan.
5. YOGAMAYA: "I recharge my batteries with the instructors at YOGAMAYA. I gain balance and it keeps my body connected to my mind."
135 West 20th Street (btw 6th Ave and 7th Ave), 6th Floor; 212-675-4555.
6. Strand Bookstore: "I love the top floor of The Strand where all the rare, 1st edition books are kept. I would love to build a spot in my home where I could collect vintage books."
828 Broadway (at 12th Street); 212-473-1452.
Want to recharge like Rachel? Run yourself right over to YOGAMAYA to regain some balance in your life. The Chelsea studio, founded by Bryn Chrisman and Stacey Brass, aims to bring Vinyasa back to the basics by paying homage to India's beginnings. Focusing on offering classes that are spiritual as well as physical, YOGAMAYA offers four levels of classes, from foundations classes for beginners through level 3 classes for those with some serious yoga chops. There is even a class called the "Big Juicy", which is a little longer than a normal level 3 class and is taught by the studio directors themselves. Right now, YOGAMAYA is extending a special offer to Refinery29 readers looking to test out their classes. Mention R29 at the front desk and get your first class free! For more information and a class schedule, check out their website!