1. Hollywood Farmers' Market: "You can find me here every Sunday morning buying my produce for the week."
1600 Ivar Avenue (at Selma Avenue); 323-463-3171.
2. Art Luna Salon: "I have been having my hair cut here since I first moved to L.A. It's a far drive from Silver Lake to Venice for a trim but Linda's cuts are totally worth it! The salon is in a tiny, beautifully decorated bungalow two blocks from the beach and you can have your hair done in the garden. Dreamy."
2116 Main Street (at Pacific Street); 310-450-7168.
3. Lost & Found: "I love this one-stop shop for everything from house wares to clothing to children's things. They have the most unique and special pieces that are curated into six chic mini boutiques all in a row...and it's totally off the beaten path."
6314 Yucca Street (at Vine Street); 323-856-5872.
4. Heath Ceramics: "The best ceramic table ware and home accessories with an authentic and inspiring California history."
7525 Beverly Boulevard (at North Sierra Bonita); 323-965-0800.
5. Elf: "This is my favorite restaurant on the east side. They have the most incredible Moroccan/Middle Eastern vegetarian food served by an eclectic group of bohemian musicians."
2135 West Sunset Boulevard (at North Alvarado Street); 213-484-6829.