Hi Miami! I'm so excited to introduce myself and get to know you, too! So, read on for a few fun facts about me—and please feel free to drop me some comments below and tell me all about yourself. Also, please fill me in on what Refinery29 Miami (that's you) readers would love to see on the site.
1. First things first, I'm from Miami and though I wasn't born here, it's my hometown and I love this city. Sometimes when I'm sitting in one of our hybrid parking lot/highways (like 836) I question my devotion, but overall I'm 305 through and through.
2. I love films and lately I've been on a documentary kick. So, if you have any suggestions please leave me some comments. Lucy Walker is one of my favorite directors. Any other Walker fans?
3. I'd rather be behind the camera, and I blame Instagram for my new found addiction to iPhone photography.
4. I'm a Leo, in case you hadn't guessed it already. Yes, this does include an unruly mane that (more and more) requires many, many, many, many, many blowouts.
5. I've been fascinated by fashion from a very young age thanks to Style with Elsa Klensch, Seventeen magazine, and Cindy Crawford's House of Style. Oh boy, I'm dating myself huh?
6. I'm part of a huge family. How huge? 15 aunts and uncles and 50-something first cousins.
7. I put my iTunes on shuffle this afternoon and it started with "Faith" by George Michael, and then went on to RAC's mix of Washed Out's "New Theory," Glee's cover of KISS' Beth, Midnight City by M83, and songs from The Beatles, Jay-Z, The Foals, Phoenix, Theophilus London, Air, The Pixies, and Coltrane. Not a bad mix. But I'm in dire need of new music. I always am. Aren't we all?
8. I love mythology. All kinds of mythologies. Ancient and modern. From Hercules to Wolverine. Star Trek, Star Wars, yes and yes. But I prefer the next generation and the old trilogy. If you know what I'm talking about, you're probably a nerd—just like me.
9. I've promised myself I'm going to do Miami Critical Mass at least once this year and I think you should too. You being the greater audience out there.
10. I was the founding Yelp Miami Community Manager. This means I know a ton about local businesses and I can plan amazing events. I've contributed to Ocean Drive, GQ Italy, Miami New Times, Miami.com, and more, but I've been in love with Refinery29 for years. And this job is a dream come true.
Photo: Courtesy of Diego Guevara