Saturday, June 19, noon-6p.m.; 70 Greenpoint Avenue (between West and Franklin), Brooklyn
2. Crest Fest '10—This monster of a festival, brought to you by Crest Hardware Art Show, boasts 15,000 square feet featuring over 100 artists! And like any other, there will be delicious food and live music from the likes of Motel Motel and Zongo Junction Darlings as well as DJs spinning dub beats like DJ Teenwolf of Ninjasonic and DJ Krunk Pony (best name ever?). So come on out to Brooklyn this beautiful weekend ready to get down and take in some art.
Saturday, June 19, noon-6p.m.; 558 Metropolitan Avenue (between Lorimer and Union Streets). Free admission.
3. World Cup at The Yard—We know how much of a drag it is during the week to be at work instead of watching the game, so come to the SoHo Grand's outdoor lounge to kick back, relax and cheer on your favorite team. Heinekjen and Adidas are sponsoring an open bar and BBQ so you have no excuse no to go.
Friday, June 18 - Sunday, June 20, beginning at 10a.m., Open Bar and BBQ, 2p.m.-3p.m.; 310 W Broadway Street (between Canal and Grand Streets); 800-965-3000.
4. NY Brewfest—Sometimes nothing is better than a cold beer on a warm summer's day. Combine that with a relaxing ferry ride and awesome live performances, and you have Suds on the Water, the 4th Annual NY Brew Fest. Ferry over to Governor's Island this weekend and indulge in over 100 brews, yummy burgers, and rockin' bands.
Saturday, June 19, 3:30p.m.-8p.m.; Ferry leaves from Pier 11, tickets $55 available here.
6. Dub War 5th BDay Bash—If you're a fan of dubstep, or even just a fan of movin' and shakin' to electronic music with bomb drum patterns, then head out to Macdougal Street tonight for this mix-off from dubstep titans. The line-up includes MALA & SGT POKES as well as Joe Nice and Juakali.
Friday, June 18, begins at Midnight; Love NYC, 179 Macdougal Street (at 8th Street), 212-477-5683. Tickets are $10 before midnight, $15 after midnight. 21+ with I.D.
7. Chemical Brothers Release Party—Come celebrate the release of the new Chemical Brothers album, as well as screen their new DVD, featuring nearly 60 minutes of original music and visuals. Plus, HUORATRON are coming all the way from Finland to play live and they're sick.
Saturday, June 19, doors open at 11:30p.m.; Brooklyn Bowl, 61 Wythe Avenue (between N11 and N12), 21+ with I.D. Free with RSVP.
8. Bicycle Film Festival—Whether you swear by a morning bike ride to work, or are too afraid to hop on yours in this city, come out for this awesome weekend-long festival celebrating the bicycle through music, art, and of course, film.
Friday, June 18 - Sunday, June 20; Anthology Film Archives, 32 2nd Avenue (at 2nd Street). $10/film, or $50/festival pass, available here.