While we certainly like some statement jewelry now and again, summertime makes us naturally want to reach for simpler, more understated pieces. Which is why we're currently swooning over the new jewelry line, Les Morceaux. Joanne Tagorda's Downtown-based collection is composed of luxurious yet low-key styles that are effortless but super versatile, too. The classic wrapped bracelet, for example, is made of twisted metal and jersey which is simply braided together and can be worn on the wrist, as a necklace or even as a headband. The incredibly cute copper bracelet is knotted and so no-nonsense, you can wear it for a dip in the pool without a second thought. And our favorite geometric pendant necklaces are elegant, unfussy, and will add enough attitude to any warm-weather look. Trust us, no matter which piece you pick, this hot summer jewelry line is the epitome of California cool.
1. Black and Gold Necklace ($36): The wooden beads and delicate triangular pendants on this necklace make a nice mix. We'll be wearing this with our favorite floral dress and jean shorts all summer long.
2. Group of Three Necklace ($33): In a sea of chunky metallic and mixed material necklaces, this refreshingly simple geometric triple-arrow pendant piece feels clean and pretty.
3. Rope and Leather Bracelet ($30): This leather and rope bracelet is like a So-Cal take on Nantucket's classic version. Get one with your bestie for a grown-up take on the friendship bracelet.
4. Copper Twist Bracelet ($34): Anything too heavy feels like overkill for a breezy summer outfit, so pick up this knotted copper bracelet instead. It's sturdy yet light, which feels perfect for the season.
5. Stripe Bracelet ($38): Breton stripes are essential for summer, so make sure you consider this Parisian striped wrap bracelet. Wrap it around your wrist three times, your neck once, or even try it as a headband when you need to keep your bangs off your face.
Les Morceaux, available at www.les-morceaux.com and Steven Alan Outpost, 1937 Hillhurst Avenue (at Finley Avenue); 323-667-9500.
Want a new summer jewelry staple? Just tell us about your most treasured piece of jewelry in the comments of this story, and the reader with the most interesting answer will score a Parisian striped wrap bracelet!