The Rock Posts Heartbreaking Message About His Dog’s Death

Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages.
Sad news from The Rock: The actor and girlfriend Lauren Hashian had to put their dog Brutus to sleep late Monday night. The couple — who are expecting a new baby — welcomed the French bulldog into their family less than a month ago. The Rock took to his Instagram on Tuesday to share Brutus' heartbreaking story and give a warning to other dog owners. "As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs," he wrote. "This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return." He went on to encourage others to be aware of mushrooms in yards, parks, and other outdoor areas where dogs play. Earlier this month, over Labor Day weekend, The Rock posted an Instagram about the eventful day that he brought the two puppies home. While exploring his backyard, the dogs jumped into his pool, and The Rock went in after them, fully clothed, to save them. Today, The Rock acknowledged the near-drowning incident by ending his post with the hashtags #RIPBrutus and #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime. Excuse us while our eyes well up with tears at our desk.

More from News

R29 Original Series