What Ivanka Did This Week is a weekly column that explores what Ivanka Trump, first daughter and adviser to President Donald Trump, does all day. Ivanka's schedule has not been made public, so each week, we will do our best to cover the public events and forums she attends, the meetings she has with lawmakers and government officials, and her social media presence.
We have reached out to the White House to get more information on Ivanka's daily agenda.
Monday, June 25
Today, I look forward to welcoming 200+ State #STEM leaders to the @WhiteHouse to reinforce the Admin’s commitment to Computer Science education for our students nationwide given the increasingly important role of technology skills in our modern economy. https://t.co/w5wNUPRw4j— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) June 25, 2018
Tuesday, June 26
• It was reported widely that Ivanka donated $50,000 to an anti-LGBTQ+ church in Texas, Prestonwood Baptist Church, "after she read a tweet that said that the church wanted to help immigrant children," according to LGBTQ Nation. The church has a history of anti-LGBTQ+ activism.
• Ivanka attended a Senate HELP Committee meeting that advanced the Perkins Act, which had bipartisan support.
Wednesday, June 27
Thursday, June 28
• Ivanka attends an event at the State Department honouring individuals who are fighting human trafficking. The New York Times notes that in a report, issued the same day as the event, the State Department warned of separating children from their parents. According to the report, “Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers."
• Politico reports that Maggie Cordish, an adviser on Ivanka's paid family leave initiative, has left the White House. There are reportedly no plans to replace Cordish, who is also a close friend of Ivanka.
Today's violence at the Capital Gazette was tragic & evil. My heart goes out to all affected in this brutal & senseless attack, & I send thoughts & prayers for comfort to the friends, family & colleagues of those killed & injured.— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) June 28, 2018
Friday, June 29
• Ivanka and Secretary of Treasury Steve Mnuchin were guests on Fox Business Network Show Morning Maria where they discussed the Child Tax Credit, a initiative Ivanka has championed during her time in the White House.