2 oz vodka
3/4 oz lime juice
Melon soda (recipe below)
Mint (for garnish)
Add vodka and lime juice to highball glass. Top with soda and add mint for garnish.
Yield: About 2 cups
1 lb cantaloupe (or similarly textured melon)
5 oz sugar
5 oz honey
Water or seltzer
1. Cut cantaloupe into roughly one-inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix cantaloupe, honey, and sugar. Let sit, refrigerated, for two days.
3. After two days, the sugar will draw juice out of the melon to create a syrup. Give this mixture a good stir to get the residual sugar, and strain out the cantaloupe pieces.
4. *If you're using a SodaStream or similar device, mix 2 parts water with 1 part syrup.
5. *Steep with a handful of mint (to taste) at room temperature. Strain again.
6. *Charge the full mix to create your finished soda.