10 tbsp (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Valentine’s Day colored M&M’s
1. Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with tin foil, leaving enough foil over the sides so you can easily
lift the brownies out when they are done.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium
3. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter
is melted, and whisk to combine.
4. Once smooth, remove the saucepan from the heat
and add the salt, vanilla, and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are
6. Spray the foil-lined pan with baking spray.
Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the M&M’s.
Place the baking tin into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a sharp knife
can be inserted into the brownies and comes out clean. Let the brownies rest
for at least 30 minutes before serving.