Omifreakingawd—it was a wild week of closings, openings, and the hottest, juiciest gossip. Never mind that the biggest rumor of all wasn't true—we got a guilty pleasure sugar high nonetheless. Lawsuits, pranks, and sweaty goths—the best of the week that was is all here.
1. The Beefeaters are having their wardrobes updated by students. What? The Queer Eye guys were too busy? (Pipeline)
2. Goths sweated it out under the hot sun. Funny, we always thought they sat in their closets and sulked whenever the mercury rose. (The Awl)
3. We learned that models and cats operate on a fairly level intellectual playing field. Try to feign some surprise. (Jezebel)
5. Four of the hottest Australians alive were involved in some fairly complicated lesbian antics. Why is it so hard to find a love that lasts? (Fashionologie)
7. The mere idea of LiLo working for Emanuel Ungaro had designers fleeing and spines shivering. (NYP)
8. The Face might return, replacing the 17 other magazines that have closed in the last two financial quarters. (Fashionologie)
10. Karl Lagerfeld is not—we repeat—is not leaving Chanel. Apparently, he's planning to exit the fashion house feet first, God bless 'em. (Pipeline)