1. Diamond Rings at The Empty Bottle, March 28, $8. Since the release of his infectious pop/dance/mind-blowing album, Special Affections' John O, a.k.a. Diamond Rings hasn't slowed down for a second. Catch this comet as it shoots through Chicago tonight. Empty Bottle, (at West Cortez Street) 1035 North Western Avenue; 773-276-3600.
2. Geronimo! at The Double Door, March 29, $8. Tomorrow's lineup features an army of incredible local bands, including Geronimo!, Kid You'll Move Mountains, and Brontosaurus. It's Chicago pride night at The Double Door. Wanna go? Tweet this story, and make sure you tag @refienry29 in there, too. One reader will win two spots on the guest list. Double Door, 1572 North Milwaukee Avenue (at Milwaukee, North, and Damen avenues); 773-489-3160.
3. Sybris at Schubas, April 1, $12. Sybris is a Chicago rock institution. You've met half your friends at a Sybris show. That couple making out in public? They also met at a Sybris show. This will sell out. This always sells out. Hurry. Schubas, 3159 North Southport Avenue; 773-525-2508.
4. Kurt Vile at Subterranean, April 1, $18. Kurt Vile brings his brand new album to Chicago this week, and the city gets to sound a little more beautiful for a night. Vile's music is all soul and emotion and bliss. We could use a little of that. Subterranean, 2011 West North Avenue (at Milwaukee and Damen avenues); 773-278-6600.
5. Passion Pit at House of Blues, April 2, $12 in advance. Who needs a workout when you can go to a Passion Pit show? Dance like it's your last chance and see where the night takes you. Tickets are still available, but we think that's a fluke. Get on it. House of Blues, 329 North Dearborn Street (one block South of Kinzie Street); 312-923-2000.