1. Paint two coats of nude polish on every nail except your ring finger. On the ring finger, paint two coats of orange lacquer. Be sure to allow enough time for each coat to dry, otherwise you risk bubbling and smudging.
2. Beginning at the center of the nail, paint a thin zigzag pattern in teal with tiny dash strokes.
3. Paint a line of purple zigzags alongside your first zigzag pattern. Do the same thing with pink, working the different colors together. Have fun with it and don't worry about being too precise — the best part of this design is that it's meant to look a little bit haphazard.
4. Once you are happy with how your design looks, seal with a clear topcoat.
1. Apply two to three coats of mint green polish for your base.
2. Next, dab a few drops of teal and mint onto a piece of cardboard or thick paper — this will be your palette. Using a small brush, mix up a very light shade of green using your two colors.
3. Break off a small piece of a makeup sponge, dab it into the light green, then lightly "sponge paint" the bottom three-quarters of the nail with the lightest green. Repeat this process with gradually darker shades of green until you've created an ombre effect over the entire nail.
4. Finish your "night sky" with a touch of sponge-painted purple at the very tip.
5. Once your sky has completely dried, mix up a small amount of green and purple and use your small brush to paint a mini cactus "growing" from the cuticle of each nail.
6. Finally, dip a toothpick into a nude color and create tiny dots (stars) in the night sky.
7. Finish with two coats of Seche Vite topcoat to protect your design and smooth out any bumps.
1. Diagonally, paint half of each nail in teal.
2. Paint the top half of the unpainted section purple, and the remaining space hot pink. Feel free to experiment with different color combinations!