The fastest way to put a damper on a packed day of summer fun in town? Trying desperately to locate a public bathroom with an intact mirror (located somewhere between your favorite indie boutique and the park) to deal with sweat-streaked foundation and eyeliner that's ended up closer to your lipline than lashline. No, thanks. Clearly, you need to start the day with a beauty look that won't budge — and that's just what makeup artist Ashleigh Ciucci created using longwear products from the Infallible Pro Collection by L'Oréal Paris. Not only will the formulas give you a matte (read: not sweaty-looking) finish, but they won't make a run for it when it feels like you can cook an egg on
the ground your forehead by lunchtime.
1. Start by using your fingers — or, for more coverage, a brush — to smooth on mattifying foundation.
2. Troubleshoot any uneven spots with a creamy concealer.
3. For an even finish, sweep on a layer of powder all over your face.
4. On the bridge of your nose, top of your cheekbones, and across your forehead, switch it up by using neutral pearlescent shadow in place of traditional highlighter.
5. Sweep a peach blush on the apples of your cheeks.
6. As for your eyes, pat a gold shadow all over your lids. It'll give you a more intense color payoff than rubbing in the shadow with your fingers.
7. Add black eyeliner on your top lashline and mascara on your upper lashes.
8. Finish with a makeup-setting spray. Spritz it in an X- and then T-shape, so the product covers your face evenly.
Finally, get out there and enjoy summer — it's been waiting for you.