Lamb Meatballs With Goat Cheese & Cucumbers
Serves: 2 to 4
1 medium English cucumber, sliced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lb ground lamb
1 shallot, grated or minced
3 tsp ground cumin
1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups store-bought marinara sauce (my favorite is Rao’s!)
4 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1 baguette, torn into 4 pieces
1. Toss the cucumber, vinegar, and a generous pinch of salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Gently mix the lamb, shallot, two teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until combined; roll into one-inch meatballs.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, six to eight minutes.
4. Add the marinara sauce and remaining one teaspoon cumin to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until simmering.
5. Drain the cucumbers. Divide the meatballs and sauce among bowls. Top with goat cheese and cucumbers. Serve with baguette for dipping.