Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter July 13, 2016Cookie butter is like peanut butter, but it's made with cookies instead of peanuts, so it's obviously way better. It may seem a little counterintuitive to bake cookies and then pulverize them back into their dough-like form, but cookie butter is safer (and tastier!) than eating raw dough right out of the package.
- 1 (16.5 oz) roll refrigerated cookie dough
- 1 tbsp neutral-flavored cooking oil (like canola)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pretzels, fruit, or graham crackers for serving
- Bake cookies according to package instructions and let cool completely.
- Break 6 ounces of the cookies (about 16 medium sized cookies) into the bowl of a large food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Yes, you may eat any leftover cookies while doing this!
- Continue to process while adding the oil very gradually, and pour in just enough water to achieve the consistency of creamy peanut butter, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the mini chocolate chips and pecans, saving a few of them for garnish. Serve with pretzels, fruit, or graham crackers.
Recipe Generator courtesy of BBQ Island