Most Brides Want A Romantic Proposal More Than The Perfect Ring

What do you mean you didn't get the day off or a calendar alert? It's National Proposal Day!  In celebration of putting a ring on it, David's Bridal decided to quiz brides on what it is they really want. Turns out, it's not their fantasy engagement ring presented in a robin's-egg-blue box with an engraved message reading, "No one has ever loved anyone like I love you." According to the retailer's "What's On Brides' Minds" poll, 56% of aisle-bound women would prefer a memorable proposal (probably involving some Bruno Mars) over a ring they absolutely adore. The remaining 44%, meanwhile, would settle for a lousy proposal so long as it involved the perfect hardware. No shame in wanting both, gals. Once the ring is received, it's probably going online: 60% of respondents are in favor of the ring selfie, with 37% posting a photo within an hour of saying "yes." (Unofficially, it seems like 100% of those brides-to-be are your Facebook friends.) Anyway, enjoy this special holiday, and congratulations on getting hitched. Don't forget to send us an invite. 

More from Living

R29 Original Series