1. Turn the curling wand on to its lowest heat setting.
2. Grab small sections of your hair as they naturally part and loosely wrap the strand around the wand, from top to bottom (this is hard to mess up), and hold for five to 10 seconds.
3. Continue around your head until you obtain the look you want. Again, each piece will curl differently depending on how long you hold the strand to the wand, how tightly, and where you hair falls on it. Be sure not to heat for longer than 10 seconds or hold it too tightly, both of which can do some serious damage.
4. When finished, flip your head over and with your hands, loosely shake out the curls to release them.
5. Add a dime-sized amount of rose oil (or an oil like jojoba if you have thicker hair) to hydrate the hair. Hairspray if needed.
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the Refinery29 Beauty Facebook page!