We love Chicago for a million reasons—the people, the energy, pretty much everything but the weather (but even that can sometimes be beautiful). But there's one Chicago original that we're particularly proud to claim as our own, designer and eternal girl-goddess, Cynthia Rowley. We're dying for her spring 2011 collection, complete with chic cut-outs and modernized '70s looks. But the goods we're really after? Rowley's 411 on what she loves most in Chi-town. "Wrigley Field, Willis Tower's insane observation platform...The Tribune Building, the historic architecture all over the city. Chicago will always be my home-sweet-home," she says, and well, we couldn't agree more. Check out her personal tip-sheet on Chicago's best...some of these may already be on your list, too.
Cynthia's Chicago Hot List:
1. Best Brunch Spot: Yolk on Wells Street. "Though people rave about their traditional Eggs Benedict, I'm a big fan of the Irish Benny at Yolk--it's in the Rowley blood!" 747 North Wells Street; (312) 787-2277.
2. Favorite Cocktail: The Gilded Gage, at The Violet Hour. "A yummy mix of Tito's Vodka, Lemon, Honey Syrup, Egg White, and Peychaud's Bitters." 1520 North Damen Avenue; 773-252-1500.
3. Best Place To Fine Dine: "Naha, for delicious Mediterranean fusion." 500 North Clark Street; 312-321-6242.
4. Delicious Indulgence: Dessert at Goddess & Grocer. "Even though I'm not cursed with a sweet tooth, their desserts are pretty killer. Grocer has the best To Go meals, which really come in handy for my trips to Chicago as I'm always running from visit to visit." 1646 North Damen Avenue; 773-342-3200.
5. Best Shopping: "The neighborhood around our North Damen boutique, which also hosts additional must-stop shops like Marc Jacobs and Scoop."
6. Favorite Way To Unwind: A leisurely trip to Chicago fave Millennium Park. 350 East Monroe Street; 312-742-1168.