1. Your large hobo bag. "You've probably got a bag so big it can fit all the other tossable items inside. Try a smaller, more refined bag this spring."
2. Harem pants. "Did they ever really work? Probably not. Toss!"
3. Sequins. "Okay, maybe don't throw them away...just pack them away so you're not tempted to wear them for at least a season or two."
4. Feathers. "We know you'll miss them, but spring is a perfect time to rotate in a different kind of accent trend. Enamel and big colored rhinestones are great for spring."
5. Faux fur. "A moment of silence, please."
5 things to try pronto!
1. Neon brights. "Even with a simple outfit, a little bright pop of color is refreshing." Herve Leger V-Neck Jacquard Bandage Dress, $1,450, available at Saks Fifth Avenue.
2. Crochet. "Done right, quality crochet—not grandma's—can have a really elegant, high-end hippie effect." Tall Cream Crochet Fringe Crop Top, $60, available at Topshop.
3. Romance. "In the form of pretty collars, floral dresses, and flattering cinched waists." Elta Strapless Maxi Dress, $420, available at Ted Baker.
4. '70s style. "A lot of women don't think they can wear a '70s cut wide-leg jean but with a trim top and high heels, it can be a great look on a lot of different figures." Wide Leg Trouser Jeans, $79.50, available at Gap.
5. Lace. "Try a T-shirt or tank in a pale nude tone or black." Buff Lace Mesh Insert Tunic, $78, available at Topshop.