You know that little wad of cash that you keep in your sock drawer for a rainy day? Well, get ready to spend it, because Decades — Hollywood's hottest destination for luxury consignment — is making a two-day appearance in Chicago for its sixth trunk show event on Saturday, March 16 (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and Sunday, March 17 from noon to 6 p.m.
Not your average trunk show, you'll be able to score wares sourced straight out of the closets of celebs, fashion icons, and stylists for up to 80% off the retail price. So, you'll have Charlize to thank for that killer clutch you'll soon be sporting. This time around, co-owner Christos Garkinos has curated an amazing selection of exclusive vintage and modern ready-to-wear clothing and accessories (for women and men) from designers such as Chloé, Christian Louboutin, Chanel, Balenciaga, Burberry, and more.
Garkinos will be on hand to help you rummage through all of the glorious goods and if he looks familiar, that's because the renowned boutique owner has his own docu-series on Bravo called Dukes of Melrose, where he takes viewers through his exciting and fashionable life along with biz partner, Cameron Silver. But make no mistake — despite jet-setting and rubbing elbows with Hollywood's elite, Garkinos has a soft spot for the Windy City, too. To prove it, he's put together a list of reasons why he thinks Chicago is the bee's knees (he used to live here!).
2. "space519 — My special hosts in Chicago for our trunk show. These boys are the bomb and their store is my favorite."
3. "Club Belmont — My first gay bar in Chicago back in the day. I actually lived on Belmont for a bit, so I became quite the regular."
5. "Midway Airport — My fast gateway to Chicago when living in Detroit, and the one I still use to this day. Yep, I fly Southwest."
7. "Hot guys and friends like Brian Atwood, Nate Berkus, and Jesse Garza — what is in the water in Chicago for God's sake?"
8. "Meeting Madonna at a small restaurant on Halsted — I can't remember its name. But it was 1990-ish and she was filming A League of Their Own. I got pushed into her lap. Long. Sad. Story."
9. "Chicago History Museum — I can't wait to see the Inspiring Beauty: 50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair exhibit. I was obsessed with Ebony Fashion Fair. And we are donating a portion of our proceeds from our trunk show to the museum.'
Photo: Courtesy of James Atkins