1. Santa Maria Novella: "This apothecary on Melrose Place is like a little cottage chock full of deliciousness. We are smitten with their exquisite, old-world packaging and unique unisex scent. Their baby line is lovely and amazing for both babies and grown-ups like us!."
8411 Melrose Place (at Orlando Avenue); 323-651-3754
2. Mr. Freedom: "It's no secret that we are major denim fanatics and collect Depression-era workwear, vintage Levi's, Lees, and Wranglers as well as army and navy garb. This unique haberdashery is like a well-curated flea market that only offers the things we are desperately searching for every weekend. Whether our obsession du jour is an oversized army jacket, a threadbare chambray shirt, or a pair of little boys shrunken Levi' 646s, Mr. Freedom never ceases to make us swoon."
7161 Beverly Boulevard (at Detroit Street); 323-653-2014
3. El Leon: "Nothing cures a stressful week better than an invigorating Thai massage. Filled with the smell of burning sage and the sounds of chanting monks, El Leon has a moodiness that relaxes the body and mind. Our recommendation: The deep tissue massage, an amazing East-meets-West treatment performed in a candle-lit tent in the center of the spa."
8217 Beverly Boulevard (at Harper Avenue); 323-782-9582
4. Little Next Door: "When in need of a dose of Parisian charm, there is nowhere better than this darling cafe. Whether just popping in to pick up a freshly baked baguette and a cafe au lait or a box of almost La Durée-worthy candy colored French macaroons, or to sit for hours over a bottle of rose with friends, this is a little slice of European heaven. And if we haven't' sold you yet, the all-French staff wears St. James striped bateau shirts, and the French music pipping through the speakers is perfectly intoxicating."
8164 West 3rd Street (at La Jolla Avenue); 323-951-1010
5. Paris 1900: "This is one of our most cherished stylist secrets. While the majority of the store is for the bride, the Victorian lingerie, Art-Deco jewelry, and delicate 1930s lace dresses are in mint condition and not to be overlooked. We have found many a red-carpet gown for a client and a delicate trinket or two for ourselves at this delightful little shop."
2703 Main Street (at Hall Street); 310-396-0405
We know you're going to be catching some rays this weekend. Let us know what your fave sunning spot is in L.A. by commenting, and the one who has us wishing most for a summer tan will get a free gift basket filled with Santa Maria Novella goodies. We'll announce the winner of our Santa Maria Novella beauty loot this Tuesday at noon via Twitter and on our Facebook page!