1. Major News: Thousands in India have contracted HIV from blood transfusions in hospitals in the last 17 months.
The information was revealed by the country's National Aids Control Organisation (Naco) in response to a petition filed by information activist Chetan Kothari. The highest number of patients who had been infected were from the northern state of Uttar Pradesh with 361 cases. (BBC)
2. Here At Home: Police are considering criminal charges following the killing of a gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters said in a statement that the Cincinnati Police Department is looking into Saturday’s shooting death of the zoo’s male western lowland gorilla named Harambe, which has sparked national outrage. (Time)
3. In-The-Know: The World Health Organization has new rules for people returning from countries with Zika: safe sex or no sex for eight weeks.
The previous recommendation was for people to have safe sex or abstain for only four weeks, but in light of new research, the WHO has doubled that time period. The revised guidelines "reflect what we have learned about Zika disease and its complications." (Read More)
4. Style Stalking: Kate Moss has a new capsule collection for Equipment — and it's dropping later this week.
The collection includes cropped sweaters, black skinny jeans, wide-leg pants, a military jacket, plus shirting (including a silk, tie-neck style) in leopard, starry, and Bowie-inspired lightening bolt prints. (Read More)
5. Gray Market: Five men in New York were arrested for selling counterfeit perfumes made with ingredients like urine and antifreeze.
"According to ICE’s two-year investigation, the men sold the Chinese-manufactured fragrances, which they held out to be authentic, to wholesalers in at least seven American states, including New York..." (Read More)
6. True Crime: Investigation Discovery is making a new special about Serial's Adnan Syed set to air June 14.
7. A-List: Gina Rodriguez loaned her Golden Globes dress to a teen for prom.Gina Rodriguez has won a Golden Globe and now the heart of a Buffalo, NY teen. Jessica Casanova tweeted at the Jane the Virgin star asking if she could wear Rodriguez’s dress and Rodriguez responded in the affirmative. (Read More)
8. Break The Internet: Kim Kardashian is adding some new Kimoji's to her app today.