Want all this in your inbox?
Get the Refinery29 Newsletter
You're in for a treat...
Thanks for signing up!
Please upgrade your browser for the best Refinery29 experience. Read more.
Spaghetti Al Limone With Rosemary
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp and 1 tsp olive oil, divided
1 cup or 1 oz finely grated pecorino cheese, plus extra for serving
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
8 oz spaghetti
1. In a large bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
2. Add 3 tablepoons olive oil in a very slow stream, whisking constantly so it emulsifies. Add pecorino and half the rosemary.
3. Heat a small skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat, and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
4. Add remaining rosemary and cook for another 30 seconds. Add to lemon mixture.
5. Cook spaghetti until al dente, drain, and add to bowl. Stir to coat completely. Serve with extra pecorino cheese and more black pepper.