Steps away from our Tribeca offices, we snapped jewelry expert and girl-about-town Catrinel Ardeus rocking some classic pieces that can take her from the office to a waterbed at Le Bain. The senior gal at showroom MUSE, who works with everyone from Monique Pean to Kara Ross, mixed up an old-school Chanel bag with a funky Yigal Azrouel blazer, retro pumps, and a tiered silk skirt—plus the gold chains helped pull the disparate pieces together. We love how the look is conservative enough for work, with demure heels and a skirt that's short but not too short. And once you take off the jacket, it's ready for a rager on the town. Our favorite part? Each piece is super special, meaning even if you don't wear 'em all together, you can recycle every one of them over and over. Pretty perfect, eh?
Here's how to get the look in 5 perfect pieces (above, clockwise from top left):
1. Leather Chain Handle Bag: So it's not Cat's Chanel, but it's got the same silhouette, and you won't have to worry about wear-and-tear. Seriously, every girl needs a purse like this.
Topshop Leather Chain Handle Bag, $90, available at Topshop; 478 Broadway (between Broome and Grand streets); 212-966-9555
2. Tiered Silk Skirt: This baby works as well for an important meeting as it does gracing a smoky banquette.
LOFT Tiered Silk Skirt, $79.50, available at Ann Taylor Loft,770 Broadway (at 8th Street); 646-602-1582
3. Gold And Crystal Pendant: Cat likes to layer her grandmother's vintage Chanel and Bulgari to add some glamour to any outfit. We suggest the same with this sweet pendant—not too flashy but still looks expensive.
Dana Kellin Pendant, $185, available at Fragments, 116 Prince Street (between Greene and Wooster streets); 212-334-9588
4. Striped Cashmere Throw: Funky without being being too trendy, we think you can break out this super-soft shawl a couple of times a year...every year.
Autumn Cashmere Rugby Stripe Cashmere Throw $335, available at Intermix, 98 Prince Street (between Mercer and Greene streets); 212-966-5303
5. Nude Slingbacks: Kinda Mad Men , kinda Working Girl , these kickers are sexy enough for a date but conservative enough for lunch with the boss. Plus, the black bows and nude coloring mean they'll go with just about anything.
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Lady Dragon Heels, $154, available at Epaulet; 231 Smith Street (between Butler and Douglass streets); 718-522-3800
Written by Jessica Minkoff