Here’s how to make them!
1/2 recipe Martha Stewart pate brisee (pie dough)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 tbsp water
1. Instead of making the pate brisee into two circles as suggested in Step 3 of the Martha Stewart recipe, cut out rolled out dough with a round cookie cutter to fit inside a mini cupcake tin.
2. Place round cuts of dough into each divot in cupcake pan sprayed with cooking oil. Keep in the fridge or freezer, until fruit is ready.
3. In a small saucepan, mix all fruit, sugars, spices, and cornstarch together. (If you want separate blueberry and strawberry pies instead of mixed berry, divide other ingredients in half and cook the berry mixtures in two separate pans.)
4. Cook on low heat until fruit has cooked down a little and mixture is thick and bubbly.
5. Once fruit is cooked, place a spoonful of fruit mixture into each crust, filling it to the top of the pan.
6. Roll out leftover dough and roll with lattice top cutter to create indention in dough. Take the same round cookie cutter used earlier, and pop out circles. Cover tops of each mini pie and press down on edges to seal.
7. Create an egg wash by mixing egg and water together in a small bowl. Brush the tops of each pie, to create a nice shine on top of them.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the tops are a nice golden brown and the juices are bubbly underneath.
Pretty easy! The hard part will be trying not to eat them all in one sitting. Are you going to try this recipe? And, how cute would it be to serve these with my Mini Chicken Pot Pies?
Share your thoughts below.
P.S. For anyone wondering, the pretty linens and dishware are all from my fair trade shop The Little Market.
From her laid-back, effortless style to a fresh, ahead-of-the-trend beauty aesthetic, Lauren Conrad is a girl after our own heart. So, each week, the born-and-bred California girl and editor-in-chief of LaurenConrad.com will share with us her insider secrets and personal musings. Plus, check out her visually stunning guest pinning here!