Binki Shapiro, image by Jeremy Liebman.
To make a circular wreath, you'll need:
—18 gauge floral wire
—Pale green silk ribbon
—1/3-bunch white wax flowers
—1/3-bunch pink wax flowers
1. Measure your floral wire to fit the crown of your head (roughly 23 to 25 inches). Allow roughly one extra inch at both ends of the ring.
2. Wrap both ends inward to create a small loop. Use floral tape to adhere loops. Use a very small strip of light-green silk ribbon to adhere the two loops together in order to form the rounded base of your wreath.
3. Hand-wrap floral tape onto the stem of each of your flowers (wax flowers and stems of Italian ruscus).
4. Use floral tape to adhere flowers to the wire base. The spacing of your flowers may vary, depending on whether you want a plush garden look or a minimalist design.
To make a headband, you'll need:
—1/4-bunch each white & pink wax flowers
—Clippers —Pale-green silk ribbon —A headband
1. Tightly wind your pale-green silk ribbon around headband mold. No traces of the mold should be left visible.
2. Weave the Italian ruscus around your headband, end-to-end. Use a small cut of floral wire to fasten the greenery.
3. Clean your flowers and gentle hand-wrap stems with green floral tape.
4. Use floral tape to adhere flowers to the headband. Floral accents will be positioned on top left of the headband.