1 capful of white vinegar
Small bowl of cold water
1. Put 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water into a pot or a pan with high edges, and add a capful of white vinegar.
2. Break your egg into a small bowl or ramekin and set aside.
3. Heat the water until it reaches a gentle boil (you'll see little bubbles on the bottom).
4. Working quickly with a wooden spoon, create a whirlpool and slide your egg right into the center (don't be afraid to dip the bowl or ramekin right into the water).
5. Leave the egg alone for 4 to 5 minutes and allow it to cook.
6. Remove the egg from the hot water with a slotted spoon and place it on paper towels to drain.
7. Enjoy immediately.
Tip: You can store poached eggs for up to 8 hours. If you are not going to serve them immediately, place the egg in a cold-water bath to stop the cooking processs, place them on a paper towel to drain, and refrigerate.