Photo: Courtesy of Meghan Giboin/The Good Life Eatery.
Kale, Sweet Potato, and Hazelnut Salad from The Good Life Eatery.
10g coconut, toasted
15g roasted hazelnut, bashed into small bits
100g sweet potatoes
40g coconut oil
40g red quinoa
40g black quinoa
10g sea salt
80g prepped kale, stalks removed
1/2 ripe avocado
15g goji berriesHazelnut dressing
40g roasted hazelnuts
5g maple syrup
25g red-wine vinegar
75 g olive oil
2 tbsp hazelnut oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
*A few drops of water to thin out (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Put the coconut into the oven for three to four minutes until lightly toasted and combine with the roasted hazelnuts. Set aside.
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut into two-to-three-centimetre cubes.
3. Toss the sweet potato in a bowl with 20g coconut oil, salt, and pepper to evenly coat Roast for 15 minutes, or until nicely brown.
4. Combine the red and black quinoa into a pot with water and one teaspoon of sea salt. Cook the quinoa as if you are cooking pasta.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. While the quinoa and sweet potato are cooking, remove the stalks from the kale and cut into two-centimetre chiffonade.
7. Massage the kale with remaining coconut oil until the kale leaves have softened.
8. Remove avocado flesh and cut into cubes.
9. Combine the kale with the sweet potato, quinoa, avocado, and hazelnut dressing.
10. Top with the toasted hazelnuts, coconut flakes, and goji berries.