Fruit Crumble August 12, 2016Have this crumble for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or served over ice cream for dessert. Yield: Serves 1
- 1-1 1/2 cups chopped stone fruit (peaches, apricots, plums, or a mix)
- 1 large handful berries
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp chopped pistachio or nuts
- Rolled oats or granola
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine chopped stone fruit with the berries, the sugar/honey, lemon juice, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of flour. Spoon the fruit mixture into a jar or ramekin (If there's extra, you can fill more than one jar.)
- In the bowl you just used to mix the fruit, combine the 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, cubed butter, pinch of salt, brown sugar, and any optional mix-ins, like a teaspoon of chopped pistachios or almonds or a teaspoon of granola. Combine with your fingers until the butter has formed small clumps with the flour. It’s okay if the mixture still feels dry.
- Top the fruit with the crumble and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Allow the jar to cool before closing and sealing it.
Recipe Generator courtesy of BBQ Island
This recipe is part of our ultimate guide to packing work lunches for a month. Get all the recipes here.