Vegetarian Dark Chocolate-Bacon Breakfast Cookie
Makes 10 large cookies
1 1/4 cups basic dry baking mix
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flaked cereal, such as corn flakes
2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tbsp vegetarian bacon bits
1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
Confectioners’ sugar and chocolat jimmies for dusting, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mats. Set aside.
3. Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl and then stir into the dry
ingredients. Finally, fold in the Greek yogurt.
5. Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoon of batter into small heaps on the baking sheets and press with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until brown around the edges. Enjoy!