Breakfast Quick Bread Recipe
Makes one loaf, or 6-8 slices
1 1/4 cups Basic Dry Baking Mix plus a additional 1/3 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup total of mix-ins such as berries, or other fruit, cheese etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. Whisk together the melted butter, vanilla, milk and eggs in a separate medium bowl. Then pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
5. Fold in your mix-ins. (we used one cup of pitted cherries.)
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Check after 40 minutes to see if the top is very brown. If it is, cover with a piece of foil for the last 5-15 minutes.