Today we celebrate one year since Refinery29 Chicago launched. I don't know about you but I've been dancing at my desk all day. My favorite part about being your Chicago editor is (and always will be) interacting with you, our readers. In that spirit, I'm letting you know a few facts about me that it might have been hard to pick up on in our year together. Do you have a burning question for your Chicago editor? Leave it in the comments section. I'll see what I can do.
10. Winter terrifies me. And yet I'm absolutely in love with Chicago. I guess this means I like a challenge.
9. When I was a little girl, I only knew of two couture brands: Christian Dior (from my grandmother's sunglasses) and Louis Vuitton (from my mother's handbags). Not a bad start.
8. I would rather stay indoors than wear long underwear. I leave my car sitting in the snow until it melts. I won't dig it out. #brat
7. I am a lawyer. True story.
6. If you really made me pick one, Longman & Eagle would be my favorite restaurant in Chicago. And then there is a 10-way tie for second place.
5. I am really, really good at nail art. I just discovered this talent and I'm bummed it took me 29 years to figure it out.
4. I never stop trolling eBay for bags and statement necklaces. Never. Go ahead and bid against me. Make my day.
3. Thrift store shopping is my favorite sport. The most prized possession in my closet (a red DVF winter coat) only cost me $8.
2. My top five recording artists are, in this order: Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, The Dave Clark Five (or The Turtles, depending on the day), Buddy Holly, and David Bowie.
1. I was born and raised in Texas, I lived in Los Angeles for three years, and I moved to Chicago four years ago. I may never leave.
Photographed by NP Lanthrum