10. Unless I have some sort of outdoor activity planned, I prefer rainy days to sunny ones — really.
9. I waxed Gwyneth Paltrow's legs and gave Rod Stewart multiple facials when I was an esthetician at the Peninsula Spa Chicago.
8. The dress I receive the most compliments on (a green, vintage-inspired number) just so happens to be the least expensive in my closet. Thank you, H&M.
7. I used to perform magic acts when I was a kid — and I still won't spill my secrets.
6. As much as I love trying Chicago's latest restaurants (have you been to Brasserie by LM?), I have a deep appreciation (and a lot of great memories) for old-school classics like the Italian Village, especially the cozy corner booth in the bar. I definitely consider myself an old soul.
5. I swear by my Clarisonic facial brush and Opal (a nifty little device that infuses your eye serum deep into your skin), both of which make me appear bright-eyed and bushy-tailed no matter what happened the night before.
4. I had my own bath and body care business (that sold nationally) at the age of 24. I eventually moved into the airport-spa business. I'm always up for a good challenge.
3. Many people have told me that they've never met someone who eats as many vegetables as me. And no, I'm not a vegetarian.
2. Yoga actually makes me nervous. I prefer kickboxing at Equinox when I want to relieve stress and tension.
1. It sounds cliché, but I really do think Paris is one of the most wonderful places on earth — and I can't wait to return this fall.
Photographed by Lia Schryver