Take your pick from winter's coolest crop of handbags. By Christene Barberich and Piera Gelardi
The hysteria over bags isn't always pretty. As the it-obsessed duke it out to reserve the latest golden ticket, the less status-oriented search diligently for the tote that won't short-change personal style for true grit. And with holiday globe-trotting right around the corner, we found it to be the perfect time to scour our favorite sources to bring you a range of bags that make keeping it together an easy feat.
3. Everything you need in the palm of your hand, not to mention a nifty strap for optimal clutching. Hope Envelope Clutch, $245, available in New York at Bird, 430 Seventh Avenue, Brooklyn; 718-797-3776.
4. Slouchy takes on a more grown-up look with ruffled ruching and a long adjustable shoulder strap. Loeffler Randall Gracie Large Ruffle Satchel in Cuoio, $795, available in Boston at Louis Boston, 234 Berkeley Street; 617-262-6100.
5. The ultimate day-to-night purse looks even better in a dense shade of cobalt blue. Mayle Jeannie Bag in Iris, $495, available in New York at Mayle, 242 Elizabeth Street; 212-625-0406.
7. The duffel gets a makeover with modern metal accents and plenty of zippered compartments. Knoxx Roan Weekend Bag, $592, available at Chocosho.
10. The hands-free bag that keeps all the modern needs in check, including a super-supple finish in a gorgeous shade of ivory. Mike & Chris Langston bag in Whiskey, $745, available at Barneys New York.
11. Weekdays or weekends, this overnighter is a great option for quick travel and extra cargo. Barbour Waxed Cotton Utility Bag, $190, available in New York at Steven Alan.
Take your pick from winter's coolest crop of handbags.