Could it be fair to say that makeup artist Kate Lee runs this town? Quite possibly. With her bustling schedule including prepping A-listers like Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, and Sienna Miller for tours down the red carpet, the London-born, L.A.-based Lee is a front-runner for the award of Hollywood's most-wanted. Lucky for you, we caught up with Lee to get her take on pro-must-haves and the products she's snapping up this fall.
1. Chanel Sublimage Essential Revitalizing Concentrate, $425, available at Chanel.com.
"I love this product for its quick absorption, intense delivery of moisture, and overall calming effect on the skin. It leaves a velvety finish, which I find to be a perfect place to start creating a flawless complexion—because a great base makes for a beautiful overall look."
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, $5.99, available at Neutrogena.com.
"This is a great product and perfect for contact lens wearers or those with sensitive eyes. It removes the most heavily applied mascara (and I love to pile it on!) with zero eye irritation. On occasion, I need to start by removing my client's makeup, and this remover leaves no residue, so I can dive right in. Plus, it's easy on the pocket-book, so you can be very liberal. Hurrah!"
3. Chanel Nail Colour in Khaki Rose, $23, available at Chanel.com.
"Brace yourself, this is going to be one of the most sought after shades of the season. This shade may have the word "khaki" in it's name but it's in fact, the most amazing soft chai tea and rose petal concoction—flattering and feminine but still very modern and a step up from some of the harder-to-wear shades we've seen lately."
4. Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Terre de Feu, $25, available at Saksfifthavenue.com.
"Of the six shades, Terre De Feu, a deep raspberry, is my current favorite. Lightweight and petite, the lipstick is easy to apply and personally, I love matte shades. My tip is to apply matte lipstick generously, then blot and blend. Some of the more intense colors leave a beautiful stain, and a nice extra pop is to add a touch of a light, reflective gloss to the upper crest of the cupids bow. The combination of a matte shade with a subtle highlight is so modern and chic."
5. Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner, $22, available at Lauramercier.com. This creme liner gives the effect of a kohl pencil, but because of its waxy texture, high pigment, and brush application, it's a lot more versatile. One of my favorite things to do with the liner is to slightly wet a tiny angled brush and apply a thin line along the upper lash line. I then dab the line, blending until there's almost nothing left with a clean, domed brush. The result is similar to an extra layer of lashes and also creates a longer lash line without an obvious cat eye or sharp edge. The liner comes three shades but my pick is Midnight, a very intense blue-black.
6. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, $32, available at Chanel.com.
"This is the Rolls Royce of lip-gloss. The wand is perfect and, of course, the packaging is beautiful. The color range caters to everyone, with nine shades that go from a perfect bubblegum pink to a deep chocolate tone. The best thing about this gloss is the formulation: There's enough pigment and moisture to apply just a tiny dab and blend all over the lips, leaving a really pretty hue. The texture is so luxurious though, that I think most people will find that they want to apply more than is needed!"