Check out 2011 spring heeled shoes and flats now. Spring dresses and little jackets are both pretty seductive when those first signs of spring start to emerge. But really, nothing compares to that palpable jolt of euphoria that comes when we spot The Shoes we have to have for a new season. And because our wish-list this time around is longer than usual (could you blame us?), we decided to enlist a more methodical approach: Sorting our favorite styles into 10 irresistible categories. So, whether you're still feeling sky-high platforms (check out our studded clogs), or you want something a little more beachy (this summer, espadrilles are better than ever!), you're season of stylish rebirth begins right here.
1. Printed Florals—If your style borders on classic and simple, a pair of Liberty-inspired oxfords or an abstract floral pump could be just the thing to bring your look into this new season.
2. Shades of Ecru—There really is nothing sexier than the season's dreamy-soft nude palette...it's no doubt our neutral of the season.
Above, clockwise from left: Coach Stephanie Heels, $188, available at Coach; Jean-Michael Cazabat Mignona Oxford, $345, available at Bloomingdale's; Jeffrey Campbell Dominate Wrap Heel, $128, available at Urban Outfitters; Chloé Wood and Canvas Wedges, $650, available at Net-A-Porter.
3. Men's Shoes—Oxfords, wingtips, jazz shoes...this spring, we're loving them all.
Above, clockwise from top left: Rag & Bone Cap Toe Oxfords, $325, available at Shopbop; Deena & Ozzy Suede Oxfords, $58, available at Urban Outfitters; ASOS Mister Two-Toned Lace-Up Brogues, $51.28, available at ASOS; J Crew Camden Brogues, $250, available at J. Crew; Jil Sander Leather Slip-On Brogues, $570, available at Net-A-Porter.
4. Mesh Details—Somehow after all the studs and tough-girl accents, a little basic mesh feels so much lighter and cooler.
5. Classic Clogs—The clog (and all its variations) has been in heavy rotation for a few years now, but this spring's version pays homage to the ultimate '70s Dazed & Confused classic.
Above, clockwise from top left: Jeffrey Campbell Karl Clogs, $135, available at Jildor; Swedish Hasbeens Lace-Up Clogs, $398, available at Free People; Free People Charli Platform Clog, $179, available at Free People; Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Tamara Embroidered Wooden Clogs, $350, available at Shopbop.
6. Peep-Toe Booties—Booties have become a seasonless staple, and this new batch of peep-toe styles will be on point right through next fall.
7. The New Espadrille—There's no mistaking that comfy, woven vacation bottom, but this season's espadrilles have a decidedly more glamorous vibe.
Above, clockwise from top left: Robert Clergerie Naya Raffia Platforms, $355, available at Barneys New York; Dolce Vita Ulma Espadrilles, $150, available at Martin + Osa; Pierre Hardy Espadrille Wedges, $565, available at Barneys New York.
8. Red—We're not sure why, but nothing really feels as chic for spring and summer as a pair of lipstick-red pumps or cut-out oxfords.
9. Sneaker-Inspired—These aren't the kind of kicks you're generally used to, but we're kind of into all the athletic details and sporty-sophisticated undertones.
10. Wovens—We can't help but think of an old-school Miu Miu, Marni, and Missoni when we see all the vibrant wovens that have popped up for spring (how could designers not be inspired by the Italians?).