Siena Tavern Beet Salad
Beet Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1 cup beet juice
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
1/4 cup oil blend
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Reduce beet juice by half, skimming off the foam on the top then cool.
2. Add beet juice, honey, and vinegar in blender.
3. Slowly add oil while blending to emulsify.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
3 cups olive oil blend
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine citrus and honey and blend in oil until well emulsified. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1 lb baby arugula
1 bunch red beets
1 bunch yellow beets
1 bunch candied stripe beets
6 oz goat cheese
1 cup toasted hazelnuts
1. Toss beets in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap them in aluminum foil and bake in a 350-degree oven until tender, about 30 to 45 minutes. Cool and then peel the beets with a dish rag and cut into small bite-size pieces.
2. To plate the salad, toss the arugula with some of the citrus vinaigrette just to coat the greens. Season with light salt and pepper and arrange on plates.
3. Toss each beet separately with the citrus vinaigrette and season with light salt and pepper. Place beets randomly around the arugula.
4. Break up some goat cheese around the salad and then drizzle some beet vinaigrette in a pattern over the salad then finish with the toasted hazelnuts.