When it comes to spring break, staring into your empty suitcase can be a lot like looking at a blank computer screen when you should be seeing a stellar essay. Sound familiar? Don’t freak out! Take a break from studying for Midterms, because we have a serious style syllabus to guide you through your packing, no matter what your spring break destination. Consider it an education, with smart tips and fashion discoveries to make both the prep and your trip a test you’ll pass with flying colors.
Relax in the sun and sand without losing sight of your fashion focus in tribal prints and glamorous staples that speak to both contemporary and retro sensibilities.
The Inspiration: Brigitte Bardot in St. Tropez
Dream Locales: Panama, Koh Samui, Dalmatian Coast
The Packing List:
1. Make like a movie star under this black and white striped hat.
Newport News Wide-Brim Straw Sun Hat, $29, available at Newport News.
2. Pay your respects to a smoggy Los Angeles sunset no matter where you are in the world in this stunning one piece from We Are Handsome.
We Are Handsome Los Angeles Bandeau swimsuit $375 from Net-a-Porter.
3. Or opt for something more stringy, like the retro print bikini.
Topshop Pradise Retro Cup Bikini, $55, available at Topshop.
4. We’re naturally attracted to its sparkly cover—magpie much? But really, judging by its contents, Haruki Murakami’s suspenseful After Dark is the perfect beach book.
After Dark, $14.95, available at Borders.
5. Day and night, Nars blush and bronzer makes us ooooh and ahhhh at our reflection whenever we put it on
. Nars Highlighting/Bronzing Duo, $39, available at Sephora.
6. Sandals are imperative for beach comings and goings, but whether you go flat or wedge is your prerogative. These Joie flats have a gorgeous laser cut pattern.
Joie Leo Sandal, $255, available at Singer22.
- 1 of 3