Ever since Suno’s wildly patterned collection debuted in 2008, designers Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty have had us smitten. In addition to the line's utterly drool-worthy Kenyan prints mixed and matched together in the most inventive ways, the fact that Osterweis is a San Francisco native just deepens our fashion crush. While the designer, who lived in Pac Heights for 17 years before moving to New York for college, admits he doesn’t get back to the Bay as often as he’d like, he still considers it “home.” Below, he dishes on his must-hit list for those annual Thanksgiving trips.1. Swan's Oyster Depot: "No trip to San Francisco is complete for me without a visit to Swan's for oysters and dungeness crab."
1517 Polk Street (between California and Sacramento streets); 415-673-1101.
2. Pancho Villa Taqueria and Gordo Taqueria: "These are my two childhood favorite burrito joints. When I'm home I usually visit one or the other, and sometimes both."
3071 16th Street (between Valencia and Mission streets); 415-864-8840.
5450 Geary Boulevard (between 18th and 19th avenues); 415-668-8226.
3. The Castro Theatre: "Admittedly, I haven't been in a while, but it was my favorite place to see movies 19 years ago. I can't imagine that it's changed."
429 Castro Street (between 17th and 18th streets); 415-621-6120.
4. Mt. Tam: "I love this place for a run. I go from Stinson Beach up to Pantoll, and then along the coastal trail, and eventually back down to the beach. I ran marathons before my life in fashion!"
801 Panoramic Highway, Mill Valley; 415-388-2070.
5. Marin Sun Farms: "This spot in Point Reyes Station is a more recent discovery for me. It has the best burger in the Bay Area. It's simple and damn good."
10905 Highway 1; 415-663-8997.
6. The Asian Art Museum: "The artifacts here are amazing! It's definitely worth spending some time here."
200 Larkin Street (between Fulton and McAllister streets); 415-581-3500.
7. Lucca Delicatessen: "This place on Chestnut is in a tie with Russ and Daughters in New York for being my favorite food shop/deli in the world."
2120 Chestnut Street (between Steiner and Pierce streets); 415-921-7873.
8. Crissy Field: "This is another great place to go for a run. It looks amazing now that it's been renovated."
1199 East Beach, Presidio Park.
9. The Tonga Room: "It's a particular brand of cheese that just gets better with age. You can skip the food, but it's a great place to have a drink."
950 Mason Street (between Mason and Powell streets); 415-772-5278.
10. Steinhart Aquarium: "The Roundabout in the pre-renovated Cal Academy building was one of my favorite rooms in the world! The new space is great, as well."
55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park; 415-379-8000.