If you've fallen in and out of love in New York City, you know that a breakup really can be as complex and—after the sob-fest—comedic as a Woody Allen trilogy. And the new film Breaking Upwards , which hits theaters tomorrow, offers a fresh and quirky take on the neurotic New Yorker's oldest love story. Battling co-dependency, the couple in question played so well by newcomers Zoe Lister-Jones and Daryl Wein (a real-life couple then and now) decide to plot their own breakup, but what ensues seems to only draw them deeper into the chaos. Shot all over the city, the indie flick is sweet and salty at the same time, and offers a little glimpse of what's sure to come from the film-making duo. With a pile of movies on the way (including Salt with Angelina Jolie), we decided to book a little tour with super local Lister-Jones while we still could.
Here the rising starlet shares her must-stops in NYC proper:
1. Souen: "I've been going there since I was a kid, and the vibe is so sweet in there. Sweet like awesome not sweet like sugar." 210 Sixth Avenue (between Prince and Houston streets); 212-388-1155
2. No.6: "I love No.6! They've got such a great and varied selection of clothes, shoes, and jewelry." (P.S. We love them, too!) 6 Centre Market Place (between Broome and Grand streets); 212-226-5759
3. Castor & Pollux: "We shot one of the scenes in our movie here because it's one of my favorite spots. Great clothes. Great sales." 238 West 10th Street (between Hudson and Bleecker streets); 212-645-6572
4. Opening Ceremony: "When I can afford it. Not sure when that is, but I have faith that day will come." (We do, too.) 35 Howard Street (between Broadway and Lafayette); 212-219-2688
5. Morandi: "This place is delish if you can see past its clientele. Lunch on a weekday is quiet and more local." 211 Waverly Place (between Perry and Charles streets); 212-627-7575
Break out the kleenex: One reader will hit it big with two free tickets to Breaking Upwards for any show Monday-Thursday of next week. Just comment on this article with your favorite romantic comedy moment and we'll pick one winner by the end of the day!