The Parisian street stylist tells us the secrets to picture-perfect dressing. By Christene Barberich, Portraits by Scott Schuman/The Sartorialist
Above: Two photos of Garance taken by her boyfriend Scott Schuman/The Sartorialist.
If you're like us, you just can't get enough of street style photos. And like us, that means you probably can't get enough of Garance Doré. Her blog is a daily reminder of what great style is all about: Glamour that's effortless and a sort of chic that is more about passion than price tags. Naturally, Garance herself always looks amazing on the other side of the lens (her boyfriend, photographer Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist documents her often for his own blog). Lucky for us, her style secrets were up for grabs...
Describe your style?
"The base of my wardrobe is very simple. I love grays and blues, pants and cotton tees, and I always ALWAYS wear heels. I love shoes. I've got a thing for accessories as well. I have a lot of belts, gloves, scarves... you name it! So, I try to do simple, but always add in a striking detail to catch your attention."
Above: A photo of Garance in action, photographing Hannelore Knuts taken by Vincent Lappartient.
What are your five key wardrobe pieces, things you wear constantly?
1. "High heels. When I can, I will always go for a pair of high heels. Instant chic."
2. "Gloves. The perfect finishing touch for me, and they help me to keep my hands warm when I'm in the cold shooting."
3. "Men's pieces. From pants to shirts to jackets, I love to shop in my boyfriend's wardrobe."
4. "A white V-neck T-shirt. I usually buy them from the Gap. My most sexy item, and I love them even more when they get very old."
5. "My watch. An old Rolex my mother gave me for my 18th birthday. What a good idea she had! I love it and have been wearing it every single day since then. Without it, I feel naked!"
Above: A moodboard of Garance's favorite family photos.
What are your earliest memories of fashion? Things you loved and still do?
"My mother definitely gave me those. She was quite daring in the '80s with her Mugler, Alaïa, and Montana outfits. I would spy on her in her wardrobe where she would spend hours trying stuff on before going to the night club."
- 1 of 3