Avocado & Shrimp Bowl August 12, 2016This tropical bowl is filled with sliced mangos, avocados, and chili garlic shrimp. Yield: Serves 1
- ½ avocado
- Approximately 10 medium (deveined, tail-on) shrimp
- 1/2 mango, cubed
- 1 handful arugula (or lettuce of your choice)*
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Toss the shrimp with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Cook in a pan (or grill) on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. As soon as the shrimp turn pink, they’re fully cooked. Allow the shrimp to cool for about 5 minutes before adding them to the rest of the dish.
- Top the arugula with the shrimp, chopped avocado, and cubed mango. Chop 1 chunk of mango very finely and combine it with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, the juice of 1/2 a lime, 1/2 teaspoon of honey, and salt and pepper. Pour over the rest of the ingredients.
Recipe Generator courtesy of BBQ Island
This recipe is part of our ultimate guide to packing work lunches for a month. Get all the recipes here.