When it comes to holiday hosting, we'll admit the chore that often falls to the bottom of our to-do list is decorating. (Food first, are we right?) But this year, instead of giving in to the lure of dollar-store streamers — we've all been there — we're teaming up with American Express' Blue Cash Everyday Card to pull off three quick 'n' easy, totally festive DIYs to step up our entertaining game. From easy painted pumpkins to fresh apple candles, our living rooms will be as prepped for Friendsgiving as our kitchens are. Watch and learn.
1. Scoop out the center of each apple using a melon baller.
2. Place a tea light inside each apple.
Painted Mini Pumpkins
Thin painter's tape
Various shades of paint
1. Wrap painter's tape around the center of each pumpkin (or create your design of choice).
2. Paint the bottom half of each pumpkin.
3. Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and display your pumpkins.
White artificial pumpkin
1. Break crayons in half.
2. Adhere the pieces to the top of the pumpkin using a glue gun.
3. Melt crayons by applying heat with a hairdryer, pointing it downwards to create a splattered look.