Since coming out as transgender earlier this year, model Andreja Pejic has been a much-needed voice of advocacy for that underrepresented community. But, of course, there's a lot more to Pejic than this elevator-pitch version of her life. And, yesterday, Pejic invited us to learn a bit of it in that most modern of ways — by fielding questions from a bunch of randos on the Internet.
Pejic's full Reddit AMA is well worth a read. But, here are the eight most interesting things we gleaned:
1. Her favorite childhood memory is receiving a Barbie from her neighbor. "I kept begging my mom to buy me a Barbie, [and] I never got one, so my neighbor donated one to me." Aww.
2. She likes Red Lobster better than Olive Garden (would-be suitors, take note).
3. She calls David Bowie her "androgynous icon," and describes meeting him as "a dream come true." She also says Bowie is "extremely down to earth," which may be the only time The Man Who Fell To Earth has been thus described.
4. She won't let her beautician groom her brows more than once a month, because "bushy eyebrows are very much in right now."
5. Her three favorite cities are Berlin, because it's "cutting-edge;" Rio, "because you have the forest, beach, and city all in one;" and Tokyo, "because it's another world," and she loves discovering new toys, gadgets, and food.
6. Pejic identifies as an atheist: "I believe in the scientific view of life."
7. "Don't complain, don't explain," is the best advice she's ever received, and something we're pretty sure we've heard Kate Moss say, too. "Fashion gave me that advice," Pejic says.
8. She loves Indian food and Cosmopolitans — together. We knew we liked this girl.
Read Pejic's full AMA here.