There's a reason El Celler de Can Roca has been on the list for eight years. The magazine praises the three brothers behind the restaurant, saying "...Head chef Joan is alone a cook of the very highest order...Josep is the head sommelier who runs the supremely smooth front-of-house operation...Jordi is the rule-breaking pastry chef whose creations blow the imagination."
Check out the top 10 below and start your international food voyage piggy bank now because the tasting menu alone at El Celler de Can Roca clocks in at just under $200. In the meantime, our current take-out will just have to be garnished with dreams of enjoying a $900 dinner for two at Noma. (Business Insider)
10. Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
9. Steirereck, Vienna, Austria
8. Arzak, San Sebastián, Spain
7. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London, England
6. D.O.M., São Paolo, Brazil
5. Eleven Madison Park, New York, New York
4. Mugaritz,San Sebastián, Spain
3. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
2. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
1. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
Photo: Courtesy of El Celler de Can Roca.