1. Tennis at Lincoln Hall, February 22, $12. If you haven't heard the married duo who've made lo-fi lovers out of us (and pretty much everyone else), you need to see this show. Lincoln Hall, 2424 North Lincoln Avenue (at Fullerton Avenue and Halsted Street); 773-525-2501.
2. Thank You at Empty Bottle, February 22, $8. Thank You brings the noise, and doesn't want you to miss a second of it. If you're in the mood for a high-energy show that will leave your ears tingling well into the morning, you're in luck. Empty Bottle, (at West Cortez Street) 1035 North Western Avenue; 773-276-3600.
3. Johnny Cash Birthday Bash at Double Door, February 23, $8. Watch some of your favorite local rock and country bands pay tribute to the man in black. Your typical Chicago rock show doesn't have a theme, but we're thinking this is one legit exception. Double Door, 1572 North Milwaukee Avenue (at Milwaukee, North, and Damen avenues); 773-489-3160.
4. Dum Dum Girls at Empty Bottle, February 24, $12. This is a band for anyone who loves girl-group sounds but sort of wishes they were maybe roughed up and rolled around in the dirt a little. Empty Bottle, (at West Cortez Street) 1035 North Western Avenue; 773-276-3600.
5. Smith Westerns at Empty Bottle, February 26, $10. Holy bandcrush, Batman! We can't decide if we have a bigger crush on the band, or their new album, but we sort of don't care. This one will sell out, so get a ticket. Now. Empty Bottle, (at West Cortez Street) 1035 North Western Avenue; 773-276-3600.