Photo: David Fisher/REX USA.
Grim news came out of the U.K. today, after a coroner confirmed that Peaches Geldof's sudden death in April was caused by a heroin overdose.
The 25-year-old TV host and model had a long history of substance abuse, which led to initial speculation that an overdose was to blame.
Geldof had reportedly been off heroin for nearly three years, and was taking methadone and seeking counseling to help kick her habit. After authorities found her body surrounded by drug paraphernalia in her Wrotham, Kent home, it was clear that Geldof had found her way back to the drug. Police also found 6.9 grams of heroin with an extremely high purity level. It's an all too familiar scene, one that recalls the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman earlier this year.
Geldof, whose father is Irish singer and political activist Bob Geldof, was a mother of two. She also leaves behind husband Thomas Cohen, who believed his wife had kicked her habit. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. (People)